Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Upgrades & Modifications (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   VSR-10 Barrels & Hop-Ups (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=52146)

ILLusion February 6th, 2008 15:28

VSR-10 Barrels & Hop-Ups

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project right now and need to find out something: Are the hop-up mounts on the inner barrels between the standard VSR-10 and the G-Spec different from each other?

From what I've gathered, the standard VSR-10 uses the same open cut on the barrel as found on the Marui Hi-Capa 4.3, Hi-Capa 5.1, Sig Sauer P226, etc whereas the G-spec has a closed-ended cut for the bucking.
That is my understanding of the difference, but I need confirmation of this.

If you are not sure what I am referring to, but would like to contribute information to aid in this matter, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take a bit of time to take a detailed and close up photo of the hop-up attachment end of the inner-barrel on your VSR-10.

Thanks,
Brian

ILLusion February 11th, 2008 12:30

Bump... anybody know if there's a difference between standard VSR-10 and G-Spec barrels?

bean February 11th, 2008 13:29

I know the gspecs hopup unit is a bit better built but I am nearly 100% sure that all vsr barrels are the same. What hopup are you planning on using?

ILLusion February 11th, 2008 14:42

Does the G-Spec have a closed square hole for the hop up bucking? (like on standard AEGs)

Or is it open-ended like on a Marui Hi-Capa / Glock 17 / P226?

I know VSR-10's in general have the same inner barrel as the Hi-Capa series , Glock 17 and P226 because they share hop up rubbers, but I'm looking in to a custom barrel for a different project and the manufacturer keeps asking me which VSR-10 it's for, as he only knows of a VSR-10 barrel that has a closed hole. That information is contradictory to the other information that I have received.

Nobody's swapped their VSR-10 inner barrel before and taken a look at the cut out?

BIGMEDCIN February 11th, 2008 15:14

I was digging around looking at my G-spec on the weekend, mine to is a project in progress (it dose shoot now) I have looked at all my VSR and G-spec components, I have ordered several hop rubbers and a couple inner barrels.
from my best recollection all the VSR-10/G-spec hop rubbers are the same a well inner barrels have the cut out as a pistol barrel and the hop rubber dose retrofit most TM pistols.

I have an aftermarket hop chamber that requires an AEG type barrel and hop rubber, I will be tearing my G-spec down in the next couple weeks as it is second on my currant project list, I will be installing a new bull barrel and extra long inner using the stock G-spec hop unit, I will pass on any info I can as I receive it.

Cheers

Kimbo February 11th, 2008 15:27

I should have my Gspec here this week. I'll tear it down and post up some pics.

bean February 11th, 2008 15:28

I am almost certain they both are cut like the pistols. The difference in the g spec is how the barrel and hop arm are supported I believe.

ILLusion February 11th, 2008 17:31

Thank you for the help, guys. It is appreciated.

tsuru February 13th, 2008 22:52

A bit late to the party but better late than never.
I know from the HFC USR-11's I've taken down that the stock barrel is open ended like the TM pistols. My G-Spec stock barrel and replacement barrel both were close ended. That being said, I was feeling goofy one day and I put the stock VSR-10 barrel in my Hi-Capa and it fit with no problems.
From what I've seen on the USR/VSR's I've worked on the closed end does seem to help keep the hop rubber in a more uniform shape which leads to better air seal with the nozzle. Either way it should work though.

ILLusion February 14th, 2008 19:24

Thanks, tsuru. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Much appreciated.