Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bringing airsoft over from HongKong. -Nevermind. (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=27342)

Identity August 13th, 2006 14:17

Bringing airsoft over from HongKong. -Nevermind.

Hey guys,
I'm planning to go to HongKong this coming Christmas. And hopefully, If possible I want to bring back a UNCompany Custom gun. Most likely a UN Custom Black AK47.
I was wondering how will I be able to bring that back into Canada.

I've read this post http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=6099
And it did not explain anything about how to import airsoft from overseas.
I know you must sign a firearm declaration form but I wouldn't know how to when I'm in Hongkong and I go through the border entering Canada. How do I present these papers?

And what does the gun need to be kept in?
Will customs seize it? Or can I show them the papers before they seize it?

I'm asking these questions because it is going to be my first time going to HongKong and I want to bring back a airsoft gun since it is so much cheaper than buying from here.

All positive/helpful input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Identity.

longshot August 13th, 2006 14:20

Sorry to give you the bad news...don't even try !!!

MMMiles! August 13th, 2006 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Identity
I know you must sign a firearm declaration form but I wouldn't know how to when I'm in Hongkong and I go through the border entering Canada. How do I present these papers?

No, that's not the case at all. There is no declaration to permit airsoft guns into the country, they can only be imported by a business with the appropriate license.

That thread is relating to air travel inside Canada, where there is no customs issues - it has nothing to do with international travel. Bringing airsoft in your luggage from overseas will have it seized and land yourself in a shitstorm at the airport. Don't even thinking about it.

Identity August 13th, 2006 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestJohn
Quote:

Originally Posted by Identity

No, that's not the case at all. There is no declaration to permit airsoft guns into the country, they can only be imported by a business with the appropriate license.

That thread is relating to air travel inside Canada, where there is no customs issues - it has nothing to do with international travel. Bringing airsoft in your luggage from overseas will have it seized and land yourself in a shitstorm at the airport. Don't even thinking about it.

O right on, HonestJohn. Thanks for the info! Damn... Then I guess I can never get a UNCustom gun... :sad:

We'll thanks all!
:salute:

MyMac11 August 13th, 2006 14:35

So i assume same goes for mailing the gun from HK to Canada?

Kid August 13th, 2006 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyMac11

Yes, anywhere to Canada.

And, you can still get the guns, you just have to get it special ordered through a retailer like ASCA.

After three years, still haven't picked up on that? :sad:

MMMiles! August 13th, 2006 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyMac11

If it's crossing the border - in a box or in your luggage - the CBSA is involved, and you have to play by their rules and their regulations, and they are not kind towards airsoft (seeing as it's illegal to import without a permit).

If you want a custom gun, ask a retailer. We might be able to import it for you if we do an UNCompany order sometime.

ValkXB70 August 13th, 2006 19:55

Can also PM Whoha (Mark Anderson), he does orders from UNcompany as well.