Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Reviews (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crosman Stinger tri-shot shotgun (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=84802)

scurvythepirate June 19th, 2009 22:11

Crosman Stinger tri-shot shotgun

First thing I would like to stait is that the gun I will be reviewing is not mine, but my friends down the street. This gun was purchased at CT for $69.99 (sale)

Packaging:
The gun was packaged okay, consisting of a box and white Styrofoam. In the box consists the gun, 2 shells, BB speed loader, sling (wouldn't use it for the sake crosman made it), un-jamming rod and 500 .12 BBS.

Looks
i was suprised upon the guns looks. For a Canadian Tire gun it isn't that bad. The gun is partly clear, but not too shiny. There is a 2 sling adapters, made of metal. The sights are a bit to far down. (what I mean is the front sight is half way down the barrel). The sights are illuminated, green and bright orange.

Feel
The gun feels solid. Not as if it were going to break. No parts are falling off or feel loose. The gun only weighs about 2 pounds, nothing com paired to my M4. The grip on it is well done. A rubbery grip, that insures that your hand isn't going to slip. It would have been better if it came with a stock. Pulling back the cocking lever isn't too difficult, it gives a slight resistance but nothing too much. The guns feel over all is impressive.

Shooting
Now the part you have all been waiting for. The shooting test of this shotgun. Personally I believe it shoots quite well for a Crosman Gun. It shoots at about 330 fps with .12 . According to a poor mans chrono I did. Breaking through cardbord, and pop cans ( not both sides).
The distance isn't too long about 10 meters before it begins to fail, that could be from the bbs though. The gun isn't too hard to aim, although not the best at accuracy. I (an okay shot) wasn;t able to hit a can from 20 feet away.
Overall I believe this is definatly worth the money

Rating
Looks: 4
Weight: 5
Feel: 4.5
Shooting: 4

ntomec June 19th, 2009 23:16

Good review, I was going to get one but at crappy tire they usually go for like 120, and didn't really want to pay that much for a Crosman, I might though now.
:)

scurvythepirate June 20th, 2009 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomec (Post 1010447)
Good review, I was going to get one but at crappy tire they usually go for like 120, and didn't really want to pay that much for a Crosman, I might though now.
:)

Thanks, ive never wrote a review before, and I was wondering if people would enjoy it. Good to hear they are.
The crosman was $74.99 I think right now.
My friend bought it 2 days ago

ntomec June 20th, 2009 09:28

:O where do you live?

pipefitter316 June 20th, 2009 10:23

i got one and when our group does a house clearing skirm it definatly gets respect, for a clearsoft it is a very sturdy gun.

jamuke June 20th, 2009 11:24

FAthers day coupon

CT has a Fathers Day coupon online, save and extra $10.last day today

Styrak June 20th, 2009 15:36

Use 0.2's or higher, not 0.12's. Or at least a mix that includes higher weighted BB's than 0.12's.

Doombringer June 21st, 2009 19:49

What kind of stock can you add ? Will any kind of stock fit or you need to get a M3 stock or something similar ?

lemegacool June 21st, 2009 20:16

aftermaket tm M3 stocks (or any other tm clone brand) will fit, as long it's for the m3

Silverthorn June 22nd, 2009 07:37

To paint the clear parts, I opened and disassembled mine. While I was at it I greased the tracks for the cocking rods and also sanded the said rods.

The shotgun is MUCH easier to cock now.

Warning : disassembling the "mechbox" (place where the spring+piston are) more then once or twice will surely results in plastic breakage. I didn't open mine and I already see cracks in the plastic around screws.

On a side note : mine chronies at 260 fps with 0.2 and I get a good spread with 0.25 (with 0.2 they just spread too much to be reliable I find).

Malice Army June 22nd, 2009 11:32

I like the .25 in mine as well.

SHÖCK June 22nd, 2009 12:28

It is the same with TM M3. Much better with 0.25 bbs. They float longer and go straighter.

oOMuDOo June 22nd, 2009 12:35

well the marui M3 have fixed hop-up (new in box) the bag contains Marui 0.25g BB's. I supposed then the hop-up is fixed to 0.25g BB's then.

If that makes any seance.

check out the other topic. I posted pics of my shotguns.

Link

MrSmiley July 3rd, 2009 21:05

So this gun works well with .25's? I'm really thinking about getting it but 120 bucks(my local Canadiantire listing) for 20 metres(That's pretty good actually). I've been looking online(not too too hard) and have only found 2 websites the deliver to Canadians, neither of them have a 3 burst shotgun available. So I might just wait it out till it drops in price, worry about my other guns for now

theguy July 3rd, 2009 21:19

Its great bang for your buck, but if you don't have a primary AEG yet, buy that first.

Although its usable in CBQ, it wont really be effective in outdoor play.