Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   ASC News and Announcements (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   "Black" Guns in Sales Threads (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=102261)

BloodSport April 13th, 2010 22:37

"Black" Guns in Sales Threads

Just thought I'd throw this out there, its kind of assumed, but after dealing with a few trade issues regarding this it must now be put in writing.

If you are advertising a "Black" gun for sale this means that either the plastic or metal is black from the manufactuer. This does not mean that you painted it!

If you painted the gun "Black" then you must advertise it as such as a "Painted Black" gun.

Going forward anyone who omits this information will be considered scamming their buyer. Scammers get banned. Period.

FYI this goes for any colour painted, not just black for those of you who like to be technical in definitions.

Also, while carrying on with this also ensure you list all issues with said item for sale. ie - broken mag release, cracked body tabs, excessive play in the mag well, etc.

When packaging said sale items up also, please double check your sales ad to ensure that everything you have listed is included in the package before sealing it up to ship. This adds what a total of 1 min to your time? And saves us days in dealing with complaints.

Play fair both on the field, and in the classifieds. It keeps everyone happy.

DarkAngel April 14th, 2010 20:17

Its kinda sad that this has to actually be posted...
Youd think the integrety of the community would be better than this. I really hope its not any of the vets and rather just a few "uninformed" new players.

TokyoSeven April 14th, 2010 20:32

While instances of miss communication exist, one cannot ignore the fact that there are dirt bags out there that just want to take a persons money in a trick deal. Its better to inform buyers of all possibilities so that they can ask the right questions when the time comes.

T-Hell April 14th, 2010 21:58

seems like common Sense to me but well some lack that I guess...

GRIM April 26th, 2010 08:13

yeah this is really annoying, also when they paint it black and think its worth more now then it was when it was new... just because of a bit of spray paint.

AngelusNex April 26th, 2010 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmc84x (Post 1220085)
yeah this is really annoying, also when they paint it black and think its worth more now then it was when it was new... just because of a bit of spray paint.

usually very poorly done.

Crunchmeister April 26th, 2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Hell (Post 1211922)
seems like common Sense to me but well some lack that I guess...

Common sense is nowhere near as common as the name implies.

GRIM April 26th, 2010 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelusNex (Post 1220087)
usually very poorly done.

I know I have seen a lot of people paint guns, and you can tell they don't do multiple coats cuz there is still clear parts.

Horrible horrible jobs.

Oh well... not my problem.

pusangani April 26th, 2010 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel (Post 1211849)
Its kinda sad that this has to actually be posted...
Youd think the integrety of the community would be better than this. I really hope its not any of the vets and rather just a few "uninformed" new players.

Typically vets wouldn't buy clear guns, but yeah I've seen one advertised as all black that was quite obviously painted, people like that are fucking scammers that should have their AV status revoked.

The Acer May 3rd, 2010 11:32

Suggestion

Can we have a new section in the classified for Clearsoft/ clearsoft painted black
Clear guns (gas, spring or aeg)
Electric
Gas & Spring
Parts
Gear
NAR

Thought it would be a good idea, and prevent miscommunications of people buying painted clear guns etc

IceTray May 3rd, 2010 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Acer (Post 1225533)
Suggestion
Thought it would be a good idea, and prevent miscommunications of people buying painted clear guns etc

This is true, and I'm not completely against it.

BloodSport May 3rd, 2010 14:45

Quote:

Suggestion

Can we have a new section in the classified for Clearsoft/ clearsoft painted black
Electric
Gas & Spring
Parts
Gear
NAR

We have enough sections as it is, more sections means more work for the admins.

We play a sport where honesty and honour come into play, if you can't carry that on to these forums, then you should not be playing.

Crunchmeister May 3rd, 2010 14:56

Quote:

Suggestion

Electric
Gas & Spring
Parts
Gear
NAR

To me, this is just catering to the lowest common denominator. There's enough of that out in the real world already making things overly complicated for people who have some common sense. Please, let's not do that here as well to make life more complicated for the users and create more work for the admins.

Bloodsport said it right. This is a sport that operates on the honour system as it's basic rule. Those that can't practice that basic thing here on the forums shouldn't be allowed to play in the first place.

echo2 May 4th, 2010 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSport (Post 1225675)
We have enough sections as it is, more sections means more work for the admins.

We play a sport where honesty and honour come into play, if you can't carry that on to these forums, then you should not be playing.

very well said BLOODSPORT...

krap101 December 9th, 2010 21:55

Funny.. down here.. I bought a stock tm vsr-10 with a bipod+scope for 50$ less for a "camo painted" stock bar-10 with only a bipod..

Crappy paintjob=more money because it's T4CT1T1K00L